December 19, 2011

Lovely Soft Gingerbread Cake

OMG! You have to try this one! It's juicy, it's christmassy, it's soft, it's just lovely! I got this recipe from my boyfriend's mom, who in return got it from her husband's grandmother....so you could say the recipe is well tried in other words. And still does the trick! :-)










Soft Gingerbread Cake

3 1/2 dl sugar
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 1/2 tsp clove powder
1 tbsp baking powder
4 1/2 dl wheat flour
2 tbsp lingonberry jam
3 1/2 dl butter-milk ( I think you can use unsweetened natural yogurt too)
75 grams melted butter

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.

Add melted butter, butter-milk (or natural yogurt), lingonberry jam and blend to a smooth mixture.

Pour the mixture into a baking tin and bake in the middle of the oven for about 30-40 minutes. Use a toothpick to see if the cake is ready. The toothpick should be dry after putting it into the cake.

Let the cake cool down and then indulge in this absolutely wonderful Christmas cake!


     

Johanna 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Johanna -
    I just stumbled into your blog and read about your bio.
    You are quite a smart and talented woman! :)

    Lovely picture of gingerbread cake there.

    I plan to make gingerbread this week and have been searching for a recipe online. I may try yours. I am curious why it does not call for ground ginger?

    The picture looks lovely and you have a lovely blog.
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Esther for the lovely comment it made me really happy! You can always add ground ginger if you like, it's all about preferences of taste:-) But for this recipe you don't need the ginger, it still tastes wonderful. If you do bake this cake, please let me know, how you liked it!

    Johanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna