This is pure food porn! I found this recipe and amazing pics at Cookies and Cups and I was drooling while reading her post and of course I HAD to share it with you. In theses Icebox Candy Bars you've got chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter, twix, kit kat AND Nestlé Crunch Bars. That's a hardcore Candy Bar! It's like eating four desserts at the same time:-) I encourage you to check out Cookies and Cups for more inspiring recipes.
Icebox Candy Bars
3 cups crushed crunchy chocolate chip cookies, such as Keebler or Chips Ahoy (approx 24 cookies)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup chopped Twix bars, approx 12 mini bars
1 cup chopped Kit Kat (3/4" pieces) about 8 snack size packs.
1 (11.5 oz) bag of mini Nestle Crunch Bars
- Line a 9x9 pan with aluminum foil and grease lightly with butter
- Crush your chocolate chip cookies in the food processor or in a ziplock bag until they are a fine crumb.
- Mix in your powdered sugar with the cookie crumbs.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt peanut butter for 1 minute. Stir.
- Pour peanut butter over your cookie crumbs and stir until evenly coated.
- Set aside to cool for approx 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop your Twix and Kit Kat bars. When mixture is cooled, fold in your chopped candy bars.
- Dump this mixture into your prepared pan and spread evenly. Refrigerate this until set, about 30 minutes.
- When chilled, place unwrapped Nestle Crunch bars into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. If not melted continue heating in 15 second increments until chocolate is melted.
- Remove pan from fridge and pour melted Nestle Crunch bars on top, spreading evenly.
- Place back in refrigerator for 20-30 more minutes until top layer is set.
- Remove from fridge, and let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature before slicing into squares or bars.