August 29, 2012

Blueberry Semolina Pudding



This pudding brings up so many childhood memories for me! My grandmother used to make this for me. In Sweden we usually make this with lingonberries but I wanted to try it out with fresh blueberries and I wasn't disappointed. If you don't make it overly sweet you can eat it for breakfast, but if you add lots of sugar and eat it with cream is more like a dessert.



Blueberry Semolina Pudding, serves 4
2 1/2 dl milk (200ml)
2 1/2 dl water (200ml)
1 dl semolina
1 dl fresh or frozen blueberries or jam
Sugar according to taste
2 tsp vanilla sugar


Pour milk and water into a medium pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Slowly sprinkle semolina while continuously whisking. Remove from heat after 5-6 minutes. Add vanilla essence, blueberries and sugar if needed.  Pour into another bowl and whict with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes until fluffy. Serve with milk or cream and add extra blueberries on top.

ENJOY!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I haven't had semolina in forever! The last time I had it was when I was between 5-11 yrs old in primary school.. School dinners! Eeeks! It was one of those things all kids feared. The angry dinner lady with her ladle of lumpy semolina.

    Your semolina looks so different from the awfulness I was served. I may have to try this soon as we need to buy semolina anyway for the giant man-baby to make fishing boilies with. Hehe.

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pudding looks amazing. Not sure what semolina is though, I don't think I have heard of this before. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your blog, I rilly like it!
    This pudding sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments and I read them all, but may not respond to all:-)

XOXO Johanna